WIT Change Log
1. Current working copy (not released)
- New debug command for wit and wwt: ARGTEST: Print all scanned arguments as
list. This helps to find out wrong parameters, especially for windows.
2. wit v3.04a r8427 - 2021-04-18
- Windows only: 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Cygwin are supported now.
The 64 bit version is recommended.
- 32 bit version: Cygwin DLL 3.0.7 / 2019-04-30
- 64 bit version: Cygwin DLL 3.1.7 / 2020-08-22
- wit CERT: Management of certificates improved.
- Patching domains: Added special string replacements for different game
variants of "Call of Duty" and "Band Hero".
- Mac support improved. Universal binaries for x86_64 and arm64.
- Patch option --wiimmfi supports the new patches required since March.
3. wit v3.03a r8245 - 2020-08-03
- Windows version only: Update to Cygwin DLL 3.0.7 / 2019-04-30.
- wit COPY accepts patch options now.
- Option --domain=DOMAIN: Bug fixed if DOMAIN contains exactly 16 characters.
- Bug fix: Gamecube games are accessible again.
- Bug fix for command wit CERT: Correct algorithm to verify signatures of
type 'Elliptic Curve'.
4. wit v3.02a r7679 - 2018-11-23
- Windows version only: Update to Cygwin 2.11.1.
- Options --wiimmfi & --domain: Domain 'sake.gamespy.com' is replaced too,
but only if the new domain is not longer than 11 characters. This is a
special support for 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl'.
- Option --dsync[=MODE] changed: --dsync accepts an optional parameter MODE
now. If set, it one of OFF (disable), ON (enable) or AUTO (default). With
AUTO, DSYNC is enabled if the progress counters are active. This option has
only impact, if compiler and operation system support the flag O_DSYNC.
- Option --progress (-P) changed: Print progress counter. If --verbose is set
at least twice, printing is enabled too. If progress is enabled, the
default of --dsync is changed.
- Some minor bug fixes.
5. wit v3.01a r7464 - 2017-12-03
- New option: --dsync: The option enables the usage of flag O_DSYNC when
opening a partition at a hard drive. With activated flag, writing an image
is some percent slower, but the progress counters are exact again.
6. wit v3.00a r7387 - 2017-08-13
- At the beginning of Wiimms-SZS-Tools I extraced the universal usable source
code from Wiimms-ISO-Tools and created an independent C source code library
called +»dcLib+«. I use this dcLib also for some other projects like mkw-ana,
Wiimmfi, XDump and some more private projects. Now I inserted the expanded
and more functional dcLib back into Wiimms-ISO-Tools and removed old WIT
specific functions and members with same name or functionality. The great
advantage is the easier management of the shared sources. The adapted code
works fine with at least one issue: The error codes (numbers, not names)
changed. If you used +»wit error+« to translate numbers to messages, you'll
not have any problems.
- New options: --color[=mode], --256-colors, --no-colors: Define the color
mode of the tools. If a command is prefixed by 'C-', then --color=ON is
used implicitly as default. By default, the color support is only enabled
for terminals. However, commands have to be recoded to support colors.
- List of commands with color support:
- HELP (complete help system)
- wit ID6 + ID8 (highlight unusal IDs)
- wwt SPACE
- Bug fix: When extracting GameCube images, +»fst.bin+« was 4 times too large.
- Some minor fixes.
- Windows only: Cygwin update to v2.8.1, 2017-07-03.
- Apple Mac is no longer supported because I no longer have access to a Mac.
7. wit v2.40a r7331 - 2017-01-05
- This will be the last release of v2.* series. I plan to reorganize the code
and to use my own C source library and to integrate Wii U support.
- New command: wit ID8: Print ID6 + 2 next bytes as disc and version number.
- Title database: Definitions without titles (e.g. "RMCP =") will remove the
related title from the internal title database. If a ID is followed by a
star (e.g. "RMC* ="), then all titles beginning with the ID are removed.
- Title database updated.
- Some minor text edits.
- Windows only: Cygwin update to v2.6.1 2016-12-16.
8. wit v2.31a r6005 - 2015-02-08
- Some minor text edits.
- Title database updated.
- Windows only: Cygwin update to v1.7.34-6 2015-02-04.
9. wit v2.30a r5771 - 2014-11-15
- Bug fix for GameCube extracts: The alignments in file 'align-files.txt'
were too large by a factor of 4.
- WDF version 2 is now the default WDF version. Use --wdf1 to force v1.
- With v2.21a (June 2013) the default output file format was switched from
WDF to WBFS. Since that command SKELETON used this new default by mistake.
Now the much more efficient WDFv2 is used as default for skeletons.
- Command SKELETON supports now GameCube images.
- Windows only: Cygwin update to v1.7.32 2014-08-13.
10. wit v2.29a r5186 - 2014-05-16
- New patching options to support the new custom server:
- Option --http: Replace 'https' request to 'http' in the files 'main.dol'
- Option --domain=dom: Replace 'nintendowifi.net' by the new domain.
- Option --wiimmfi: Patch the images for the new custom server. It is a
short cut for: --http --domain=wiimmfi.de
11. wit v2.28a r4980 - 2014-03-01
- Full WDF version 2 support:
- WDFv2 files are a little bit smaller and support alignment.
- Parts of the WDF library have been rewritten to support WDFv2 and
alignment. A side effect is a more compact code and a better chunk
management if modifiying WDF files.
- Option --wdf forces WDF output, the version is definied automatically.
- Option --wdf1 forces WDFv1 output.
- Option --wdf2 forces WDFv2 output.
- Option --align-wdf defines an alignment between 1 and 1GiB (power of 2)
and optional the minimal hole size before creating a new chunk.
- 'wit EDIT' supports --wdf1 and --wdf2 to allow version conversions.
For technical details about WDF see: https://wit.wiimm.de/WDF
- Support of split files of CleanRip: If reading a plain ISO file named
'*.part0', the other parts are detected as continuation files.
- Windows only: Cygwin update to v1.7.28 2014-02-09.
12. wit v2.27a r4908 - 2014-01-31
- Bug fix: If extracting a GameCube image, files larger than 4 MiB are
damaged at beginning of this 4 MiB offset.
- New feature: If creating a GCZ image, a blockwise z-compression is tried.
If the compressed data is larger than 98.5%, the uncompressed data is
stored. New is, that encrypted blocks are stored directly as uncompressed
data, because encrypted are very bad compression candidates and the 98.5%
test fails all the time. This makes GCZ creation faster. The new option
--gcz-zip disables this optimization for encrypted data.
- New option: --gcz-block=size: Define the block size for GCZ creation. The
default size is 16K (also Dolphins default).
- Tool 'wdf' supports info dumps of GCZ files to verify the GCZ creation.
- New command for wit+wwt: FEATURES: Print a list of supported features. The
output is machine readable. Scripts may use "wit features -qq" and check
the exit status.
- Reading support for the comming WDF v2. Details: https://wit.wiimm.de/WDF
Writing support will follow, if EDIT is implemented too.