WIT Change Log
1. wit v2.20a r4399 - 2013-05-01
- After 4 years development this version should be the last release of the
WIT-Tools until further notice; with exception of bug fix releases. I will
discontinue adding new features. That's the reason for the little version
jump to v2.20a.
- New command: "wwt NEW" is a short cut for "wwt ADD --update --newer".
- Cygwin (Windows) DDLs updated.
- Title data base updated.
2. wit v2.13a r4298 - 2013-03-28
- New docu file: INSTALL.txt
- Mac+Linux+Unix: Script 'install.sh' will call itself with 'sudo' if not
started by user 'root'. Read INSTALL.txt for details.
- Windows: Cygwin updated.
- Bug fix: If writing an image failed ('disc full' for example), the tools
didn't aborted and, if option --remove was set, deleted the source image.
This bug arrived with the implementation of preallocation, because of a
lost error status.
3. wit v2.12a r4272 - 2013-03-14
- Bug fix: "wit EDIT" failed on WBFS files since v2.10a (Write privileges
not longer needed for WBFS files).
- New command: wwt SCRUB: Scrubs an image and free unused WBFS blocks. It can
be combined with --psel= to clear unwanted image partitions. This command
may help to repair wrong WBFS block maps.
- New wfuse option: --allow-other (-O): This option is a short cut for
'-o allow_other'. It enables re-exporting of the mounted file system for
example by a samba server.
4. wit v2.11a r4233 - 2013-02-09
- Windows version only: Update to Cygwin v1.7.17
- Bug fix: A wrong TMD size is now detected while scanning image partitions.
- Command 'wit FRAGMENTS' will now scan and print the filesystem mapping for
Linux (like before) and Windows (that's new). Mac is still not supported.
5. wit v2.10a r4118 - 2012-10-10
- Write privileges are not longer needed, if a WBFS file or partiton is only
- New command: wit ANAID (ANAlyze ID): Analyze the entered IDs and print one
line for each ID with 3 columns: HEX_ID, ASCII_ID, Game title.
- Little (compatible) changes for WDF v1.
- New command: wit FRAGMENTS: Print the image fragments and, if possible,
their filesystem mapping. Add option --brief (-b) to print only a summary
with the fragment counts. Add option --long (-l) to print additonally
*NOTE: Filesystem mapping is only supported on real linux systems (yet),
but neither for Mac nor for Cygwin.
- The image builder search now the file 'exclude.fst' to exclude files from
the composing. See http://wit.wiimm.de/info/composing.html#part for details.
6. wit v2.09b r4053 - 2012-09-09
- Bug fix: Because of the --recurse bug fix of v2.08a, "wit COPY" failed.
7. wit v2.09a r4047 - 2012-09-08
- Option --scan-progress prints more info and flush every log output.
- Bug fix: "wit MOVE a.wbfs ..." will work now.
- New escapes for output files: The old '%f' is the source filename without
path (like 'name.ext'). Now we have also '%g' and '%h' as split of '%f':
'%g' is file name without extension ('name') and '%h' is the extension
- Bug fix: "wit COPY --recurse a --dest b" threw an error, because the tool
thought, that no source was defined (same as with --source before).
8. wit v2.08a r4027 - 2012-08-31
- New command: wit IMGFILES: Print a list (1 file per line) with all image
files inlcuding their associated split files. If option --null (-0) is set,
the list is NULL terminated to support all possible file names.
- New command: wit REMOVE: Removes the image files including their associated
- New option --scan-progress: Print a log message is printed for each found
image while scanning the local file system.
- Bug fix: "wit COPY --source a --dest b" threw an error, because the tool
thought, that no source was defined.
- Bug fix for "wwt ADD --raw": wwt copied to large (double layer) images.
9. wit v2.07a r3955 - 2012-07-14
- Bug fix: The automatic directory creation if using %-escapes in destination
file names was gone and is now back again.
- Bug fix: Extracting files of directories beginning with '.' fails sometimes.
- Bug fix: "wit edit --id=... a.wbfs" may now change the WBFS id too.
- Bug fix: wwt (but not wit) ignored the parameter of option --include-path.
- Because of compiler warnings: Switched from utime() to utimes().
10. wit v2.06a r3832 - 2012-06-15
- Windows version only: Update to Cygwin DLL 1.7.15-1
- wit CERT --long: Print keys and signatures as hex or base64 dump.
11. wit v2.05b r3611 - 2012-04-20
- Bug fix for assertion failure in "wwt RECOVER".
12. wit v2.05a r3591 - 2012-04-14
- "wit VERIFY" will now ignore extracted file systems.
- wit --id=.....X: ID change failed if only the sixt character was modified.
- All ID patching options (--id, --disc-id, ...) accept now a plus sign '+' as
wildcard for multiple '.' to fill the complete entered ID to 4/6 characters.
- The listing command "wit ID6" accepts now all ID patching options to test
the effect of them.